If you live in Australia or New Zealand and you're in the market to buy the Hitachi Magic Wand, don't buy it overseas!
This includes buying from Amazon Australia where the product is supplied and shipped from Amazon USA. Doing so, the Magic Wand will include a USA charger or power supply. There will be no Australian or New Zealand warranty, and will only include a USA warranty for USA domestic use. You will also be liable for Australian Customs fees and GST.
Being Australia and New Zealand's import retailer of the USA's genuine Magic Wand massager range, you can now buy the Magic Wand Rechargeable, Magic Wand Plus and Magic Wand Mini in Australia from us.
Sadly the Magic Wand Original (corded version) can't be sold in Australia and New Zealand due to its 110 volt power incompatibility.
The Magic Wand Rechargeable, Magic Wand Plus and Magic Wand Mini on the other hand are compatible with Australian and New Zealand power. Our imported USA Hitachi Magic Wand Rechargeable and Plus models have been tested and certified for Australian and New Zealand use. They also include a tested and certified 100~240v AU/NZ power plug charger in lieu of Hitachi's factory standard USA power supply.
Our genuine stock is held locally, so we're able to supply free and fast Australia wide delivery shipped from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. We offer NZ delivery too!
A 12 month Australian and New Zealand warranty is also included when you buy from us.
If you've been tempted buying a Magic Wand from an overseas retailer that ships to Australia or New Zealand, you'd face the following problems:
- You'll receive NO Australian and NZ warranty. If it breaks, you've lost your money! Magic Wands that are sold in America only have an American warranty.
- A USA power plug charger (not certified for Australian use) will be included with the massager. You wont be able to plug the charger into a power socket to charge the massager without using a travel adapter.
- Most USA retailers of the Magic Wand cannot ship it overseas, as they have a retail agreement with the distributor prohibiting them from doing so.
- Shipments by air may be rejected by the carrier in accordance with dangerous cargo regulations due to rechargeable lithium batteries contained within the Magic Wand Rechargeable and Magic Wand Mini massagers.
- Paying $35-$50 shipping fee and waiting 20-30 days for delivery.
- Paying between $17 and $30 GST and fees to Australian Customs (new law as of July 2018, all goods entering Australia must have GST added, regardless of value).
- You'll be charged an international transaction fee on your credit card.
- It's more expensive than buying from us!!
Purchase price of the popular Magic Wand Rechargeable from a reputable USA retailer: RRP USD$129.95 (AUD$190.52).
- Cheapest shipping cost 20-30 days from USA to AUS: USD$34.00.
- Sub total: USD$163.95 / currency conversion = $AUD240.32.
- Australian Customs duty and GST: AUD$19.00.
- International credit card transaction fee: AUD$5.00.
Total: AUD$264.32 (as of 23 February 2023, AUD to USD 0.68 cents).
Buying the Hitachi Magic Wand from us gives you confidence and peace of mind that:
- you're purchasing a genuine Hitachi product,
- you're buying at a fantastic price,
- you'll receive a 12 month Australian and NZ warranty,
- our Magic Wands have been certified for AU and NZ use,
- a certified 100~240v AU/NZ power charger is included with the Rechargeable and Plus models,
- you'll have your Magic Wand delivered to you in 1-3 days (our stock is locally held),
- you'll experience great customer service from us.